Monday, June 26, 2017

#SSINKTC46: June Technique Challenge


Diana Eichfeld ~ Stampin' Fun with Diana 

Good morning!  We had another crazy busy weekend (I know at this point that is the norm for us) which included Aidan having a friend sleep over so I was able to spend some extra time in the studio and thought I would play along with this month's technique challenge over on the SSINKspiration blog.  I really like out monthly technique challenges since they are pushing me to try new things, even if they've been around for awhile I'm just now stepping out and trying them and love the results.
This month we had the shaving cream background technique and this one made me a little nervous since I don't usually do "messy."  We also don't have shaving cream in the house (we're shave gel people, just saying!) but I decided to try it with my shave gel and still got great results (I did let the shave gel sit for a little bit before trying this technique so it did foam up some)
To make the cardfront using this technique I used Thick Whisper White cardstock (since it had to sit in the gel for a few minutes and would absorb some moisture I picked thicker cardstock and it worked great).  After spraying some of the gel onto a paper plate I added a few drops of Emerald Envy Ink Refill and swirled it around with a toothpick.  Then I just smooshed the cardstock into the gel until it covered the entire front and let it set for a few minutes.  Then I just pulled the cardstock out of the gel and wiped it clean with a paper towel (that was the messy part).  I really was a beautiful result but the paper was a little damp so I did let mine sit overnight before assembling the card.
To finish it I used a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black as a mat for the cardfront and wrapped a piece of Basic Black 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon (this ribbon is beautiful, just a hint of sparkle) around the layers.
The greeting is from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set and I decided to make this card for a friend and this is a perfect greeting.  I used Stampin' Write Markers to color in the greeting and then stamped on Whisper White cardstock before cutting it out with the Big Shot and the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I used the same framelits to cut the bottom layer out of Gold Foil.  Since I need a little extra between the two layers I added a piece of Basic Black and Emerald Envy cardstock as layers and really build the greeting up by adding dimensionals between the white layer and then the black and gold layer before attaching it to the cardfront.
I absolutely love this card!  There isn't a lot of detail which really lets the background be the star.  I will also say, I made a second cardfront after this one using the same mixture (since it was already out and mixed I thought why now?)  It still looks fun but doesn't have as much of the intricate swirling as the first so this may be a technique where you can't reuse the shave cream mixture, don't know.  If you haven't given this technique a try you really should, and any color reinker will work.  Play along and share what you create!
Enjoy!


Diana

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Diana, Well, you're the star today & really came through with this beautiful card! That's great that you can use gel! I'm going to give it a try with the mermaid!

    ReplyDelete