Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Tobe Celebrate's Marvelous Mint Macaron

Hello everyone! With the close of every Stampin' Up Annual Catalog, we have to say goodbye to five In Colors. This May, we will be losing the following colors:
Initially I wasn't a huge fan of these colors. It seemed to be a odd combination. But over the past two years, I have grown to like all of the colors. In fact, I have grown to love love love Mint Macaron. It will be sad to lose these colors, but I am devastated to lose Mint Macaron. Hands down my favorite! Today I'm celebrating Mint Macaron and giving it a proper sendoff with three fun cards! 
My first card is actually one I made using a ton of retired products. I don't usually hang on to retired stamp sets (preferring to sell them and get new ones), but I have kept two sets that get pulled out time and time again: Four You and Four Feathers! This great monochrome triptych features both of those retired sets plus one current set (Timeless Textures) and a great accessory (Mint Macaron Striped Ribbon). Simple card, yet it highlights the color beautifully.
  • Stamps: Four Feathers (retired); Four You (retired); Timeless Textures
  • Inks: Mint Macaron
  • Cardstock: Mint Macaron; Whisper White
  • Accessories: Mint Macaron Striped Ribbon
  • Tools:
Card two features a Holiday Catalog stamp set that is carrying over! I immediately fell for the Cookie Cutter Christmas Stamp Set and Punch and love that I can use it beyond Christmas time. The little suit stamp is perfect as a teddy bear. And I love the color combination of Mint Macaron and Crumb Cake. The soft colors make a great gender neutral baby card. This card also features the In Color DSP pack. I love these packs for great background pieces. SU sells the DSP packs in both In Color collections, Brights, Regals, Subtles, and Neutrals. 
  • Stamps: Cookie Cutter Christmas; Suite Sayings
  • Inks: Mint Macaron; Crumb Cake; Chocolate Chip
  • Cardstock: 2015-2017 In Color DSP; Neutrals DSP; Mint Macaron; Whisper White
  • Accessories: Mint Macaron Striped Ribbon
  • Tools: Cookie Cutter Punch; Layering Circles Framelits
Finally I am featuring my favorite color combination: Mint Macaron and Rich Razzleberry. Purple is my favorite color and I love the green and purple combo of these two colors. I am again featuring the In Color DSP as my background paper. I kept the main image of the card fairly simple with a jar full of flowers. 
  • Stamps: Jar of Love
  • Inks: Sweet Sugarplum; Rich Razzleberry; Mint Macaron; Smoky Slate
  • Cardstock: 2015-2017 In Color DSP; Mint Macaron; Whisper White
  • Accessories:
  • Tools: Everyday Jars Framelits
Super sad that we only have a few weeks left with Mint Macaron, but hey, maybe they will eventually bring it back when Stampin' Up does another color refresh. A girl can dream, right?
-- Tobe

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

1 comment:

  1. What a great array of cards featuring Mint Macaroon. Beautifully crafted. My favourite is #1 although the others aren't far behind. Yes it will truly be sad to see this soft hued beauty retired. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete