Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Introducing Darcy

Welcome! My name is Darcy and I'm excited to share a little bit about myself with you. I became a demonstrator in January 2004, after hosting two back to back workshops in the fall of 2003. I needed a new creative outlet and I wanted everything in the catalog, so I figured I might as well sign up for the discount. At that point, I never imagined how much I would love sharing Stampin' Up! with others. 

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration originally started as a monthly blog hop in 2012, and if memory serves I was one of the original members of that group. Looking at my blog posts, we started with Valentine's day that year. Here are the projects I made for that post. 


The mailbox was so much fun to make. I designed it from an image in my mind. It was so much fun, I decided to make 18 more, one for each person at work. I think I might have been out of my mind at that point! However, the office had great fun, and we all brought valentines to put in each other's mailboxes. They were overflowing by the end of the day. Seeing the joy in everyone that day made the late nights worth it, and our students still talked about it for years to come. 

In August 2013, Kim turned us in to a full fledged design team, and I was one of the original members of that group. Looking back at some of my original posts, I'm so thankful that I have upgraded to a quality camera and learned a thing or two about proper lighting for pictures! 

My husband and I live in Kansas, which has the moodiest weather, and some of the most gorgeous skies you'll ever see. 



I wish I could find a better sunset picture than this, because this really doesn't do it justice. 

My husband and I met at one of my part-time jobs in college, where he was also employed. Since I was on the extended undergraduate plan (i.e.-I had taken some time off because I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life), I'm several years older than him. I am crazy outgoing, and he is super reserved, so I actually thought that I scared him when we started working together. However, we just celebrated 12 years since our first date. 


This is us this past fall at Mt. Rushmore, which we were able to visit while at a work conference for my job. Most of my career has been spent working with college students, first as a manager of a textbook store, and then in an office at a university. I must really love higher ed! 


I recently finished my Master's degree. This was my "last first day of school" picture. Yes, I was kind of poking fun at all of the first day of school pics that people were posting on FB. 

A post about me would not be complete without telling you about the other love of my life, who is actually laying between me and the laptop as I'm typing this. 


Don't let the cuteness fool you, she is pure evil. She is also living proof that Crazy Cat Lady can be a title of someone who is married and has only one cat! 

My husband asked me what I wanted for Valentine's this year and I replied, "a handmade card, and I need it early so I can feature in on my blog post Tuesday." He came down with a high fever shortly after that, and hasn't felt well since, so that didn't happen. He didn't have to get sick just to get out of making me a card! 

He doesn't craft with me, but will offer his input on cards I make. Imagine my surprise on V-Day 2012 when I got in my truck to go to work and found this! 


I had no idea that he paid enough attention to what I did to get the techniques right! Suddenly the Aqua Painter lid that I had found of the floor a few days before made so much more sense. 

Here is another one that he made for me.


In case you missed it, here are the treats I made for my co-workers using last month's Paper Pumpkin kit. 


Thanks for stopping in today! I hope you have a fabulous day! 

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Darcy!! It's fun getting to know you a little. I love your sweet kitty, by the way. There's no evil in there! Just cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! I can take a picture of my foot that would prove that there is evilness afoot.

      Delete