Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Stampin' With Darla

Darla here from Stampin w Darla and Sisters  and I have the individual post today and am so excited to share my card and few steps on how I made it.  

I am calling this Bright and Beautiful stamp set meets Banner Blessings stamp set.  

When I started making my card it was going to be a Christmas card. After all, I was using an awesome set called Bright and Beautiful and its a stamp set that is being used on Christmas cards. Well, as I started making this card keeping my mind the whole time what I thought it was going to end up looking like.  Don't miss at the very end of this post of what the stamp sets look like that I used.


I started off my running the Blackberry Bliss card thru the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder. I was still focused on the same theme I had started out. Then using the Confetti Stars Punch I used that on the Silver Glimmer Paper for a fun look. I also used the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punched out of the Glimmer Paper to complete my card.
 Here is few steps on how I stamped the smaller of the snowflakes on Whisper White w one of my favorite colors Blackberry Bliss.
Then using the Star Framelets I used the third one from the center to run it thru the Big Shot using my Magnetic Platform of course!
After running it thru the Big Shot it cut it right out for me! I repeated the process twice to get the snowflakes that I used on my card. I just off set them just a bit to get that layered look I was going for. After I got those on my card I was about to reach for one of the verses from the set to use on completing my card.



I had just got this brand new stamp set a few hours before making this card. When I saw the Shine Bible verse I knew at that point I had to use that on this card now! I tried several framelets and decided on using the Oval Framelets. 


So next time your making a card keep an open creative mind and challenge yourself to use the set in a different way! You will love the results and your stamp sets will be used more for different occasions!

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you used this in a non Christmas way. It just goes to show how versatile the stamps are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute girl! I love all of the stars!

    ReplyDelete