Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Individual Post ~ Shellie

Hello Everybody! 

Shellie here from Craft Smashup

Today I have a nice easy fall themed project for you. I don't know about you, but fall and winter are my favorite time to burn candles indoors. Candles add a warm coziness to a room and there are so many divine scents to enjoy. 
Anybody can do this. 
All you need is: vellum, Blendabilities, stamps, a foam paintbrush, decoupage medium and a glass object that you can put a candle in, and of course, a candle. I chose a tall cylindrical glass tube that a 3" pillar candle will fit in. You do not want to go with something that has too many curves in it. A smooth cylinder or squared shape will be the easiest to work with.


The first thing I did was to cut vellum cardstock into 1" squares. Then I colored them with the following Blendability colors/shades.


They looked like this when I was done coloring:

I made a lot more squares. This is just a representative photo of what I did

 On the back (non-colored side) of some of  the vellum squares, stamp your image. I used the tiny leaves stamp from the Holiday Home photopolymer set in the Holiday catalog. I stamped it four times on each square.  


Once you have (approximately) enough squares to cover your glass object you will then adhere them with a decoupage medium. 

I used this:

I brushed a layer of it onto the glass and allowed it to sit for a minute before adding the the squares. I discovered that the vellum will tend to curl a little bit so you will have to go back and smooth the edges down. Once the first layer has dried you will then do a second layer of decoupage glue over the vellum squares.

luminary in my dining room

All lit up!
I kept mine simple for now and have left it plain, but you could add a nice wide ribbon around the bottom or you could stamp a scene onto the vellum before you cut it and then attach the squares so your scene has a tiled look. There is a multitude of ways you can use this technique and get very nice results. I hope you will give it a try and if you do show it off here: SSINKspiration

We like knowing what our fans make when you have been inspired by our posts and challenges.

Be sure to come back again tomorrow and check out some Quick & Easy cards that the design team has come up with. 

Happy Stamping!

Shellie

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

1 comment: