Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Christmas Cheer by Donna

Good Morning!!  My name is Donna from Organized Chaos bringing you a little Christmas Cheer on this fine first week of summer!  (that's totally normal...right?)

My daughter is OBSESSED with the movie Frozen...(as are most soon-to-be 8 year olds across America)  and as luck would have it, she has a birthday in the summer and is insisting that I make Frozen birthday party invitations/decorations.  If this piques your interest....Come back next month for her entire party post!!
I have winter on the brain, BIG TIME!  (thanks Olaf and Anna)

I am a "non-traditional" Christmas card maker.  I don't own a single Christmas stamp set...
Now I know what you're thinking, "wait..what did she just say?!"
I love nothing more than to grab a few random stamp sets and start "making Christmas"  

Here is my first of many attempts this summer (yes, I make my Christmas cards in the summer...I have more time!!)

  
Folks:  There is a reason this stamp set is on backorder.  It does EVERYTHING!!  Work of Art is quickly becoming my go-to stamp set.  Its amazing what you can do with a few random shapes and a very forgiving watercolor texture.
   I used the "rainbow swoop, the thick blob, and the scribble to make the tree.  I used Mossy Meadow ink and just randomly stamped and stamped and stamped (without re-inking) the stamp for different shades of the green.


I LOVE the texture this stamp set has!!  And for the trunk, I inked the "scribble" in Baked Brown Sugar, then I used an Early Esspresso marker to make it look like bark.  Easiest way EVER to add different colors in one stamp.  I LOVE our markers!!

And can I just say, no one is more excited about the 1/8 and 1/4 inch punches coming back in handheld form.....!!!
Punch Punch Punch!!  This is a PERFECT way to use up those 1/2 inch strips of paper you KNOW you have in a box somewhere that you swear you're going to use!  Make confetti, or in this case, Christmas bulbs on a tree.  Make anything you want.  I love how quick and easy punches are!

Okay:  so I know you see a "Christmas" stamp and you're ready to say, But Donna...you said....
Check out this cute little set that you can have for only $8.95!!
 Oh Goody!

Fun isn't it?!

I hope this gives you a little inspiration (and motivation!) to use your Work of Art stamp set.  And if you are one whose set is on backorder...I promise it is worth the wait.

And just so you don't think I'm completely crazy, here is a card I made for Summer using this set.


Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh both cards are super cute. Love the tree, it reminds me of Grinch style tree and I LOVE the Grinch. The clothes line card is great too. I love the quilt on the line

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your Christmas card...even though it's silly to start making cards this early! :) Good work!

    ReplyDelete