Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Can You Resist Embossing?

Happy Tuesday everyone!  It's Kristy, here with probably one of my all-time favorite techniques.  I love heat embossing.  I guess it is because I'm always amazed on how you can take a powder and create a smooth surface.  What's even more fun for me, is using clear embossing powder and inking over the embossed part to create an unique background.

To begin, I stamped the deer image from Remembering Christmas stamp set with Versamark ink.  I covered it with Clear Stampin' Embossing Powder - yes, I'm guilty of pouring a lot on and knocking off what doesn't stick.  About 99.9% of what you see here went back in the jar.  Clear Stampin' Embossing Powder is probably the best $4.75 you will ever spend.  It lasts a long time and gives an amazing affect.

 
 
After running the Heat Tool over the embossing powder, I was left with this image:

 
I used Sponge Daubers dipped into Always Artichoke and rubbed it on the background.  I recommend starting just off the page and circling onto the page.  Starting directly on the page will give you a heavy concentration of ink in one spot - and is hard to "smooth" out.

 
Lots of dipping and rubbing gave the deer almost a camouflaged background.  I wiped the embossed image with a baby wipe to remove any ink that may be on top of the embossed part.

 
I used Oval Collection framelits and Seasons of Style Designer Series Paper Stack to create this deer picture.  This would make a great birthday card or Father's Day card for the hunter in your family.

 
I also wanted to show a card where I used different colored inks to create the background.  I used Soft Sky and Island Indigo to highlight the snow flakes from Festive Flurry.  The sentiment is from Endless Wishes.

 
 
Thanks for visiting us today.  I hope you give this technique a try.  It is so fun, and gives you a lot of impact, really quickly.

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment